UK STAMP DUTY CALCULATOR 2019
IMPORTANT NOTE: This website is no longer being maintained so rely on it and its output at your risk!
Switch between SDLT & LBTT
FULL STAMP DUTY CALCULATOR
Designed to match the main elements of the Taxman's own Stamp Duty Calculator, this section offers a fully featured service, but without the government site's annoyingly clunky, click-and-wait functionality.
Accordingly, this stamp duty calculator service has been built from the ground-up to enable you to work out your Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) liability for all the common conditions ignored by most of this website's rivals (for more details on this, see the stamp duty calculators comparison table on the Website FAQs page).
So much for highlighting the shortcomings of the competition. Now let's check out the features of this one:
- Calculate stamp duty on existing and new leaseholds.
- Residential and non-residential SDLT calculations.
- SDLT on both private & business transactions.
- Calculate SDLT on second homes and buy to let.
- Generate downloadable PDFs showing how your stamp duty calculations are made.
- Easily compare SDLT results with LBTT results on the same webpage.
FOR WALES: Since 1st April 2018, Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales has been replaced by the new Land Transaction Tax (LTT).
Is the purchaser an individual or a company / trust?
Is the property residential (as opposed to non-residential or "mixed-use")?
Is it a freehold or leasehold transaction?
Is the leasehold new or existing?
Individual or Company / Trust?
Residential or Non-Residential?
Freehold or Leasehold?
New Lease or Old Lease?
Is it a Second Home / Buy to Let?
Start Date of Lease
End Date of Lease
Duration of Lease
Year 1 Rent
Year 2 Rent
Year 3 Rent
Year 4 Rent
Year 5 Rent
FULL LBTT CALCULATOR
This section (in green) contains a Scotland-only Land & Buildings Transaction Tax Calculator (for Scotland's equivalent of Stamp Duty Land Tax since 1st April 2015) that closely parallels the Scottish government's own LBTT Calculator, but designed to be smoother than Revenue Scotland's version.
- Facilitates both residential & non-residential LBTT transactions.
- Calculate LBTT on property acquisitions made by both "natural persons" (i.e. individuals) and "non-natural persons" (i.e. companies or trusts).
- Incorporates .
- Determine LBTT due where Additional Dwelling Supplement rules apply.
- Produce printable reports showing details of your LBTT calculations.
NOTE: For NEW non-residential lease transactions, you should (for now) use
www.revenue.scot's own LBTT Lease Transactions Calculator.
Is the purchaser an individual or a non-natural person (e.g. a company)?
Is the property residential (as opposed to non-residential)?
Is any part of the transaction liable to Additional Dwelling Supplement?
Is it part of a linked transaction?