UK STAMP DUTY CALCULATOR 2018
Welcome to a new, mobile-friendly, accurate, FULLY FEATURED Stamp Duty Calculator and a Land & Buildings Transaction Tax version, both of which allow you to generate printable, presentation-standard PDF reports showing calculation details.
Up to date with the 2018 stamp duty rates for SDLT in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and with the 2018 rates for Land & Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT) in Scotland, this page has been designed to provide an ultra smooth stamp duty calculator experience.
LATEST NEWS: First time buyers of properties up to £300,000 in most areas of England, Wales and Northern Ireland are exempt from SDLT as of 22nd November 2017. For more details, see the FAQs page.
Switch between SDLT & LBTT
FULL STAMP DUTY CALCULATOR
Designed to match the main elements of the Taxman's own Stamp Duty Calculator, this section offers a fully featured service, but without the government site's annoyingly clunky, click-and-wait functionality.
Accordingly, this stamp duty calculator service has been built from the ground-up to enable you to work out your Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) liability for all the common conditions ignored by most of this website's rivals (for more details on this, see the stamp duty calculators comparison table on the Website FAQs page).
So much for highlighting the shortcomings of the competition. Now let's check out the features of this one:
- Calculate stamp duty on existing and new leaseholds.
- Residential and non-residential SDLT calculations.
- SDLT on both private & business transactions.
- Calculate SDLT on second homes and buy to let.
- Generate downloadable PDFs showing how your stamp duty calculations are made.
- Easily compare SDLT results with LBTT results on the same webpage.
IMPORTANT NOTE: From April 2018, Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales is to be replaced by the new Land Transaction Tax (LTT).
Is the purchaser an individual or a company / trust?
Is the property residential (as opposed to non-residential or "mixed-use")?
Is it a freehold or leasehold transaction?
Is the leasehold new or existing?
Individual or Company / Trust?
Residential or Non-Residential?
Freehold or Leasehold?
New Lease or Old Lease?
Is it a Second Home / Buy to Let?
Start Date of Lease
End Date of Lease
Duration of Lease
Year 1 Rent
Year 2 Rent
Year 3 Rent
Year 4 Rent
Year 5 Rent
FULL LBTT CALCULATOR
This section (in green) contains a Scotland-only Land & Buildings Transaction Tax Calculator (for Scotland's equivalent of Stamp Duty Land Tax since 1st April 2015) that closely parallels the Scottish government's own LBTT Calculator, but designed to be smoother than Revenue Scotland's version.
- Facilitates both residential & non-residential LBTT transactions.
- Calculate LBTT on property acquisitions made by both "natural persons" (i.e. individuals) and "non-natural persons" (i.e. companies or trusts).
- Incorporates .
- Determine LBTT due where Additional Dwelling Supplement rules apply.
- Produce printable reports showing details of your LBTT calculations.
NOTE: For NEW non-residential lease transactions, you should (for now) use
www.revenue.scot's own LBTT Lease Transactions Calculator.
Is the purchaser an individual or a non-natural person (e.g. a company)?
Is the property residential (as opposed to non-residential)?
Is any part of the transaction liable to Additional Dwelling Supplement?
Is it part of a linked transaction?
Keep This Website Online: Buy The Ebook!
Written by a professional plot-finder, this is the superlative in-depth plot-finding guide for doers and dreamers alike!
- Critical planning issues in detail.
- How to thoroughly investigate ground conditions.
- Bidding in different market conditions.
- Dealing with neighbours & planning objections.
- How to determine a plot's true value.
- Legal due diligence & solicitor's conveyancing breakdown.
- The unique purchase process in Scotland.
- Special Bonus: Exclusive downloads (supplementary ebooks plus useful spreadsheets) accessible only from this 30,000 word Kindle ebook.